Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Peer Pressure



 Throughout the years, one thing that never ends is peer pressure. Wherever you go, there will always be someone trying to pressure you into doing something wrong or out of your character. The key pressure in today's society is drugs. Drugs are considered "cool" (for some odd reason). Teenagers often get into drugs by peer pressure or curiosity. Some kids younger then me have tried drugs and are addicted to them. My reason for never trying or taking drugs is, I don't want to get addicted to them. Some people try a drug once and get hooked. Others might take a couple more tries. Don't get me wrong I'm all for using it for health or medical reasons. That's completely different. My issue is when young kids take drugs just to fit in. They don't even know the affects it can have on your body. Think about it. You're doing drugs just to impress people you're probably not going to see after you graduate. Are you still going to think drugs are cool when your wife or husband leaves you because of it? How about when you loose your job because of it? I don't think drugs will be cool then. Drugs are a serious issue and can change your life completely. Next time someone offers you drugs, say you're "Too Cool For Drugs" (lame I know). Drugs don't help your future and can sometimes determine whether you have one. I love my future way more then I would drugs. I'm too smart for drugs.



~Taylor Nicole~

No comments:

Post a Comment